Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coach Humphrey's Take: August 25, 2007 (from www.ashleyathletics.com)

I hope everyone had a restful summer & that you are ready for Monday. Volleyball has been in high gear since August 11th.

We hosted our 3rd Summer Slam which was a great success due to the awesome parent volunteers, family, friends and anyone else we could bribe into helping us. This event would not be possible without these folks, especially The Hoppers, The Kellums, Coach Adams, and my husband Jack--poor thing, he bears the worst of it because he has to put up with me the most! I know I will forget to thank someone, but others that went out of their way for our team were Matt (our trainer), Russell Corbett, and Coach Roberts -- thanks for the coolers and ball pump! Several of you and your family came out to support us and that means a great deal to me and the girls.

The following weekend we traveled to Dixon for their Dig Fest to complete our 2nd scrimmage for the season.

We travel to Swansboro Saturday and to play in an all day tournament.

No comments: